This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.labb.co.za. By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
The Laboratorie SA Pty Ltd t/a The Labb is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
The Laboratorie SA (Pty) Ltd t/a The Labb | Candice Prins | 0648613389 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site or during live events or by you sending us emails).
We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks such as Facebook, search information providers such as Google, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We may send you marketing communications from us if:
• you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or
• you agreed to receive marketing communications
and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us (or third parties) to stop sending you marketing messages at any by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
5. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
For enquiries by email, phone or via the website we may keep your Contact details for upto 2 years from our last point of contact to touch base on how your project is developing and if / when you may require our services (in person or virtually) or products that you enquired about. You can ask to be removed from our prospect list by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. NOTE: The Labb will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Goods to you, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and The Labb come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any communication from The Labb stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. The Labb will indicate the rejection of your order by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
1.1. Orders may not be cancelled after receipt of payment of the Goods by The Labb. After dispatch of your Goods, you may cancel the Sale only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
1.2. Placing Goods in a shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available. You cannot hold The Labb liable if such Goods are not available when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
1.3. You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited. In the case of Goods for sale by The Labb, The Labb will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after placing an order, The Labb will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such Goods.
2.1. We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
2.2. Payment can be made for Goods via –
2.2.1. EFT (Bank details available on checkout)
2.2.2. Instant EFT via Payfast;
2.2.3. Store credit
2.3. You may contact us via email at email@example.com to obtain a full record of your payment. We will also send you email communications about your order and payment.
2.4. Once you have selected your payment method and you accept these Terms and Conditions, you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price for the Goods.
- Delivery of goods
7.1. The Labb offers one method of delivery of Goods to you, which is via courier.
7.2. Some items (heavy or large, based on volumetric weight) may carry additional delivery fees. These additional fees are included in the delivery cost upon checkout. Additional delivery volumetric costs are broken down below:
Volumetric weight (kg)
Additional delivery cost
0 – 19.9 kg
20 – 29.9 kg
30 – 39.9 kg
40 – 59.9 kg
60 – 79.9 kg
80 – 89.9 kg
If > 90kg
7.3. Where it accepts your order, The Labb will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price.
We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
- Vouchers and Coupons
9.1. The Labb may from time to time make electronic gift vouchers (“Vouchers”) and electronic promotional coupons (“Coupons”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of The Labb products. The Labb may also from time to time offer referral bonuses. Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid and their expiry dates cannot be extended. More specifically:
9.2.1. Vouchers are valid for 3 years after sale. If your Voucher has not been used within that period, it will expire.
9.2.2. Vouchers cannot be used to buy other Vouchers or Coupons, and are not transferable: they are only eligible for redemption via the original email address that they were sent to. Vouchers do not accrue interest and are not refundable for cash once purchased.
9.2.3. If your Voucher value is insufficient for the order you wish to place, you may make up the difference by paying via one of our other payment methods.
9.3.1. Coupons are issued electronically in The Labb’s sole discretion. Users do not have a right to Coupons, and Coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
9.3.2. As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Coupon itself:
220.127.116.11. a Coupon can only be used once, with promotional offers on the Website;
18.104.22.168. only one Coupon can be used per person unless The Labb specifies otherwise; and
22.214.171.124. the value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
9.3.3. Coupons cannot be used to buy Vouchers or other Coupons, cannot be exchanged for cash, and are not transferable to any other person.
9.3.4. If The Labb is running a special on the Website where a discount is automatically applied upon check-out, and you try to redeem a Coupon as well, the Website will automatically apply the promotion of greater value or benefit to you.
9.4. Site Promotions
From time to time The Labb will run promotions. These promotions will either be on selected products or site wide. For each promotion there will be specific terms and conditions. Promotions may require the customer to apply the stated promo-code to their cart during the check-out process.
9.4.1. Promo-code discounts, even if site wide, will only apply to physical product. No promo-code discount will be applied to gift vouchers/cards.